Total Pageviews

Friday 12 October 2012

May God Turn Your Disappointments into Victorious Blessings


My prayer for you today is that no weapon formed against you will prosper. The Lord spoke to me and said “Tell my children to pray against arrows of disappointment in their lives.” The enemy is throwing arrows in every direction in these last days. He is throwing arrows of disappointment against our families, against our homes, our marriages, our children, our jobs, our health and our souls. He is throwing arrows against our destiny and every area of our lives. My prayer is that none of us will be caught as a victim of his target.

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” says the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17)

An arrow is a missile – a weapon that is forcibly thrown or projected at a target, but is not self propelled. This arrow does not come to you by itself; it is targeted and shot at you by the enemy of your soul, the devil. He is very cunning, deceitful and ruthless. We are to be aware of the enemy’s devices, lest the devil should get advantage of us. We must not allow the enemy to outwit or outsmart us. We should be constantly on our guard against the snares of the enemy. "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." 
(2 Corinthians 2:11)

An arrow has to be shot from a bow. A bow is a weapon consisting of arrows and the bow is what is used to shoot the arrows at the target. Who is the target the devil is aiming his arrows at and why does he want to take advantage of God’s children? The devil’s target is you and I, all of God’s children because we are so loved by the Almighty God. 

The devil’s aim is to deny us of victory and afflict us with fear, anxiety, depression, oppression, failure and sickness of all sorts. The Lord did not say to pray against one arrow of disappointment, but He said pray against “…arrows of disappointment.” Fear, anxiety, depression, oppression, failure, sickness etc. are all arrows that are constantly thrown at us to afflict our souls so that we do not experience the peace and joy of the Lord. 

God’s thoughts towards us are of good and not of evil.

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

God is thinking about you right now, He wants you to seek Him and talk to Him about all your fears, worries and disappointments. He will listen to you and turn your disappointments around for good. His thoughts are good towards you. May your disappointments today be turned around into an appointment of blessing and victory for your future in Jesus Name.

I pray against every arrow of disappointment in your life, in your home, in your family, in your job, in your business and in all that concerns you. I pray that you will not fall and you will not fail. I pray that you will be the head and not the tail. I pray that you will not fail and that you will prosper in all that you lay your hands to do. I pray that the Lord will disappoint all your enemies and you will be victorious in every aspect of your life. I plead the blood of Jesus against every arrow being thrown at you and I pray that no weapon formed against your mind shall prosper. I decree that you shall live and not die and proclaim the glory of God. I pray that the Lord will deliver your soul from death and your eyes from tears. I pray that God will keep your feet from falling and that He will deal bountifully with you.

If you are anxious and afraid, I pray that the Lord will loose you from every bondage and every trouble that so beset you. I pray the Lord will keep you strong and deliver you in times of trouble. I pray that He will take hold of shield and buckler and come to your aid. May every obstacle and stumbling block be removed from your way in Jesus Name.

I pray that when you are in distress and feel disappointed, and you call upon the Lord, that the Lord will set you in a broad place. If you are afraid and anxious, I pray that the Lord will remove all anxiety and fear from you.

I encourage you to confess this prayer now and speak it out loud. Don’t just say it in your heart, speak it with your mouth: “The LORD is on my side, I will not fear.” I want you to confess this prayer 3 times.  Now lets do it again,

“The LORD is on my side, I will not fear.”

“The LORD is on my side, I will not fear.”

“The LORD is on my side, I will not fear.”

Anytime you feel anxious, worried or afraid, make this prayer your confession.

May the LORD bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and give you peace in the midst of disappointment. May He turn all your disappointments into victorious blessings in Jesus Name, Amen.

(Written by Freda Ladé-Ajumobi 2012 © All rights reserved.)

No comments: